AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Well said Selassielive *LINK*

I attempted to make the same point under my post titled "sublimation" here is an excerpt...

"I say all this because some of us choose to find fault with the ancients before taking the time to research the root concepts. In our current paradigm the notion that the king and his advisors should all die to make room for new governance and guidance might seem a tad extreme, yet that was a Cushitic/Ethiopic practice up to the time of the Grecian occupation of Egypt. So committed were they to change and nature’s cycles. How do we know this? We know because Diodorus relates the story of Arkamenes, an Ethiopian king who after being educated by the Greeks returned to Nubia and put all the priests to death to avoid this fate. But lest our current sensibilities provoke us to judgment on the side of Arkamenes, keep in mind that these “priests” were beholden to 36k years of cumulative wisdom. I use the word priests because that’s how they’ve come to be understood, but their responsibility and utility to society was much greater, and historically, nowhere do we get a sense of their personal sacrifice. However, one can imagine from the story of Moses, if one has made the connection geographically and mentally between Ancient Egypt and Ancient Cush, that both priest and Pharaoh shared a similar fate in the service of time/change."

A king/leader was not meant to ascend to power and remain there forever. "The King is dead, long live the King." because time continues to march on. Only through thousands of years of cumulative wisdom would another human; whose average life span is less than 100yrs, be able to comprehend the significance.

Messages In This Thread

(Noble Ras Heru): The SAMENESS of the "BIG 3"
Re: (Noble Ras Heru): The SAMENESS of the "BIG 3"
dere ain't no hierarchy, dagnabit!!!!!!!!!!
"A moment in time"
Re: "A moment in time"
you just said it yourself...
Re: you just said it yourself...
Let me use Star Wars...
Re: Let me use Star Wars...
Well said Selassielive *LINK*
"But variety is the spice of life"
Re: "But variety is the spice of life"
Just as an FYI...
Re: Just as an FYI...
Re: Just as an FYI...

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com