AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: Life Has Its Entrance And Its Exits

Greetings Ras,

Thankyou for your response and I must apologise for not answering you until now... it did take me awhile to find this place on such a long thread...but i have been away in the city.
The trip was a huge revealing in terms of the type of wordly stimulus available there in any city.
One is inundated with so much stimulation that it can be so overwhelming, for example i visited all my favourite book shops, found many books I wanted to buy but couldn't make a choice.
On returning home I went to sit on a rock warmed by the sun looking out to sea and again I was assailed by innumerable stimuli.
This time I made the choice to look at the blue of the sea softening as it does in the setting sun and the pure whitecapped waves as they caught the light.
The sea can be very noisy sometimes but never like traffic.
It was near the full moon too so I had the added bonus of a big moon rising to my left.
Looking at he rocks around me,clearly showing evidece of violent volcanic activity, it is impossible to be unaware of the earth,s long history.
Oh, the stimuli that i am surrounded by at this moment just sitting here, blessed place...
Blessed relief to be out of the city, babylon, and all the ills that come with it, particularly something called "sophistication".
There it is easier to ignore the natural world and to be unseeing as one's eyes are drawn away to the unnatural... traffic lights, shop windows,
It is no small wonder that with the alienation of mankind from it's natural roots, the very earthdust itself, and with such a high concentation of urban populations everywhere that mankind has lost it's way in an increasing artificial lifestyle.
And it is for the rich, of course, whereas the poor the needy, and homeless...what can they do but suffer on...
So I am thankful to be returned safely to my home ground. I hope you are safe and well.
Judah

Messages In This Thread

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com