AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: Can one be a follower of Selassie I and not be

Greetings Disciple,

> What about ones who sight the original communion/livity between Man and Nature and have never heard of Selassie I, never read about or travelled to Ethiopia, or just plain and simply have a higher standard of being convinced outside of dictated holy-writs?

Well this is where mere language fails us. I would say that there have been, and are, plenty of people who have trod this earth that have the spirit of Ras in them, (a famous example is Ghandi I guess...maybe...) but who one would not necessarily label as Ras as they trod a different perceived livity. Also as you say, if one had not heard of His majesty would they label themselves as Ras, or as their own reality of their Isight?

This is where language fails us, as Maat is about more than words. It is bigger than words. It is about the heart and about the universe, which are ultimately both the same thing. The label doesn't matter. If it did then we fuel tribal warfare. There are some Buddhist teachings that I love. Are the teachers of them Rasta? Who cares really? It is knowledge I am seeking and cling to. Not more points for my team.

> Is Rastafari not OMNIPRESENT or is it only regionalized and only those in the information network are eligible for membership?

This can be argued both ways. Some say the Igher Ites of Rastafari livity IS Maat, the umbrella, and all other likeminded trods are Rastafari in spirit, even if not Ras by name. Or others say that Maat is the umbrella, and Rastafari is a trod in that journey, co-workers in justice with other like-minds on other trods under that umbrella. I don’t know the answer and I will never know the answer so I don’t really debate it. All I know/feel is that the direction is correct, and that there is an over arching ‘vibe/mystic/feeling/aura/spirit/whatever’ that is gravity to many like-minds. What it is called or who owns the label is for the voyeurs and spectators to decide. When you are part of the game, such concerns aren’t the priority. It’s playing the game/living the life, not what the game is called. (I’m not sure if that analogy stands up but I’ll leave it in there anyway!! Lol)

Give thanks,

Shawn
(titles not always needed, if you Overstand....)

Messages In This Thread

where you at...this week?
Re: where you at...this week?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com