AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

The beginning of the end of class warfare? *LINK*

I thought these two incidents might bring home, to those who still haven’t gotten it, why it didn’t matter who the President was, the continued bailout of A.I.G. is a given. This is the fallout from Credit Default Swaps. The bailout money is not to help the rich they already got theirs’; it’s for the little people like those Oakridge residents and those who returned from the brink on the Hudson. So keep paying those premiums suckers.

“When a homeowner has a burglary or a driver has a crash, all it normally takes is a call to the insurance company and a description of the loss to activate the policy. But aviation liability insurance is different. It is activated by a finding of negligence on the part of an airline. If there is no negligence, then arguably there is no liability, and no obligation to pay claims.” The New York Times

Is there really a difference?

"SYLMAR - Oakridge resident Joanne Nadeau, who lost her mobile home in November's Sayre Fire, can now rebuild thanks to additional money secured by the state's Department of Insurance. Instead of getting $165,000 from her AIG insurance policy, Nadeau will receive nearly $300,000.

"Now I can rest and have some peace of mind," said Nadeau, 61. "... And start designing my home without having to worry about depleting my retirement fund."
The Sayre Fire destroyed 485 mobile homes at the Oakridge mobile home park. Of those homes, 370 were insured with AIG."

http://www.dailynews.com/crime/ci_12195839

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com