AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: Who and what is Babylon?
In Response To: Who and what is Babylon? ()

Greetings Selassielive and peace be multiplied to you. Sorry for our last reasoning, fo I spirit was engaeged in another battle, and I did not want you to feel I was taking it out on you. My apologies if that is the way you took it.

To answer your question, I must first know who is using the term Babylon. It really depends whoose mouth the term comes from. If the term is used by orthodox Rastas, and especialy those of the Nyabinghi order/mansion (like Iself), then Babylon is an actual physical place.

Look Selassielive, you said it best...."If a person believes that Babylon is a physical place, then anyone from that place are agents of Babylon".

You don't even know that you have just answered your own question. The meaning of Babylon began to expand, because the physical places that were ORIGINALY called Babylon by I rasta ELDERS, where now seeing more and more white folks wanting to become rastas. So if a white man wants to be a rasta and is from Babylon, then is he an evil rasta?.....nah InI can't have that. So what happens next, the defintion expands to include whites into the movement.

Now that we got that out of the way, I will explain to you what the ORIGINAL term of Babylon is, and not what some modern day white hippies who want to smoke weed and blast reagee make it out to be.

First and for most "ZION" is Ethiopia. Not because we are better and chosen, which many anti-semites claim, but rather simply put, it is the home, and seat of the throne of our Emperor Haile Selassie I, along with other Iblical prophecy that InI can get into, if you desire for this reasoning to go any further.

Second, Babylon as a term coined by InI Rasta Elders, was taken from the Ible, and associated with the great empires in the west, that STOLE InI from the shores of West Africa. Do we really have to start naming who these countries are? A state of mind did not dragg my behind to the western Hemisphere. A real live Babylonian from Babylon did, and not some state of mind.

But like I stated previously, now that white people have all this money, and wealth which along comes influence, now some of InI feel pressured to open and redefine Babylon not to offend the very ones who enslaved us.

The irony

Messages In This Thread

Who and what is Babylon?
welcome *NM*
They bring you close till your cultures cold
Definitions
Re: Definitions
MARCUS GARVEY *LINK*
Re: Definitions
Re: Definitions *LINK*
I like dat... I like dat
Re: I like dat... I like dat
The chosen concept
Re: The chosen concept
SEEN BLESS UP *NM*
Re: Who and what is Babylon? *LINK*
Re: Who and what is Babylon? *LINK*
black jesus retainer
Hmmmm
so anyway seshata...
Big ego
It's not that easy
Re: It's not that easy
Call it what it is DEMONIC
Re: Call it what it is DEMONIC
well seshata, viruses and trolls run their course *NM*
All is as JAH wills it *NM*
okkkay......now try this link *NM* *LINK*
You are correct sistren
Re: You are correct sistren
I will check that book out *NM*
Re: You are correct sistren
Wonderful contribution!!!
Re: Wonderful contribution!!!
PRASIE JAH RASTAFARI
Re: PRASIE JAH RASTAFARI
That's what I'm talkin bout
FROM THE AFRICAN SIGHTING
Do Africa have space programs?
sorry Venezuela — President: Hugo
I hate babylon's abuse of animals

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com