AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

MC Lo-key at the London Demo vs. the Gaza massacre *LINK*

Tearing it up... tearing it up
Later on at this rally the pigs cornered people in the tube tunnels (London underground: subway) and charged them, straight trying to kill people no doubt about it... I wasn't there but my bredren was... lucky no one died for real...
And now they've made it illegal to take photographs of police, government employees etc. if the photos 'could be used to aid in the commission of acts of terrorism' or whatever crap... i.e. if you take a photo of em and they object they can lock you up for up to 10 years. People are going to have to come together and stop this outrageous law or get ready for a real full on straight up no holds barred fascist police state. They wanna turn back the clock to where Black people could get arrested for waiting for the bus. Britain is the most surveilled, spied-upon, CCTV'd place on the planet and they want to make it illegal for us to photograph THEM?
My life would have turned out very differently if such a law had been in effect in the US in 1991, it would have been entirely my word versus the police's as to whether I was 'harrasing an officer' and 'resisting arrest', or whether I was exercising my right to peacefully protest and got grabbed, arms twisted, kneed in the nuts and pepper-maced directly into my eyes after knocking my glasses of, whilst trying to be as limp as possible since I wasn't trying to give them any excuse to actually kill me.... which they certainly seemed to be trying to do to some people on that demo (Portland Oregon 1991 when George Bush Sr. visited). I would not have been acquitted, I would have been kicked out of university and out of the U.S., and my life would generally be quite different.
Now having said that... does the link work? Let's see...
Lo-Key is an Iraqi-British emcee and he mashes up the mic like no one's business:

Messages In This Thread

Straight outta Palestine: Sabreena da witch *LINK*
Re: Straight outta Palestine: Sabreena da witch
MC Lo-key at the London Demo vs. the Gaza massacre *LINK*
The Narcicyst *LINK*
Re: The Narcicyst
Re: The Narcicyst
gman *LINK*
Thankhs Lioness

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com